That’s because I’ve now installed all of the cork roadbed:
It has been years since I’ve used cork for a layout but decided, for several reasons, to return to it for this layout. And I was impressed by how quickly the cork went down.
I’m using two sizes of cork – making up S scale roadbed from a half strip of HO and a half strip of O.
I installed the cork in two phases. First, I glued down all the cork for the half of the roadbed farthest from the aisle, using HO strips. That took about 90 minutes and the strips easily conformed to my curves.
I came back to it about an hour later, when the yellow carpenter’s glue had cured enough that the cork wasn’t going to move, and laid the second half of the roadbed – the half closest to the aisle – with the O scale strips. I was able to bend the O scale cork so it was tight against the HO and hold it in place with push pins.
It’s really starting to look like a railroad now.