A while ago I made a to-do list of things that were almost, but not quite, completed. I didn’t share the list publicly but today I knocked a bunch of those items off the list.
They included things like creating and printing waybills, empty car bills and other paperwork for the Crooked Mountain Lines boxcar and two of the three Canadian National Railway eight-hatch refrigerator cars that I added to the roster in November.
Also, while laminating the waybills, I found some that had incorrect or missing data – an “XM” boxcar classification on an “HM” hopper car, for example. I’d corrected these in ink, but before laminating the waybills I wanted to correct the files and reprint them. So that’s now done too.
It’s surprising how much of this little maintenance stuff has to be done on even a simple layout such as mine.
There’s still more to do on that list. I’d better get at it…