Someone I know sent me a few photos of boxcars in-progress on his workbench. Here’s what I can tell you:
– These are the test-builds for soon-to-be-released kits in S scale.
– They’re for prototypes that are being offered for the first time in 1:64.
– As the photos suggest, one is a single-sheathed car, while the other is steel-sided.
– They feature sharply-cast resin with details in resin, wire and other media – including custom-produced photo-etch.
– Modellers of North American prototypes are going to want some of each.
Here are a couple of photos of the frames on the steel cars. Note the variation in placement of appliances:
And here’s a view of the frame on the single sheathed car. (The image is a bit fish-eyed – that’s the lens, not the model!)
I’ll post more details over the next few days…